Saturday, August 9, 2008

Shopping with the girls and other random stuff



Today Ashlyn was sooo excited to go shopping with the girls. My sister in law Cheryl and a friend of mine Sarah took ashlyn out for a girls day. They went to the mall and to lunch. Ashlyn is too grown up sometimes, first it took her forever to decide what to wear and after several outfit changes she decided to wear her black leggings and her Hannah Montana shirt. then she had to decide what shoes, and then accessories. yikes! I have created a monster! A super cute one:)

When I was working she would sit with me in the bathroom every morning as I got ready for work. So everyday for 4 years watching me put on makeup and get dressed in work clothes which was a dress or dress pants she wants to look the same way when she leaves the house. I don't like it when she wears makeup, but she wants to wear it every day. I tell her over and over again how beautiful she looks without it. I let her wear lip gloss, and she has a ton of it! She carries a purse just so she has a place to put the 10 tubes that are necessary to have on her at all times..lol When she was younger she would call it lippit. It was so cute, we would all refer to our lip gloss as lippet.
Friday was Ian's last day of school! Yeah! He brought home his report card and I was really happy with his 2 B's an the rest were A's!! He got a B in math and reading. He says funny stuff sometimes, I asked him why he got a B in reading and he told me he can read better in his head. I told him it was the same whether you read out loud or in your head. He said he doesn't get any of the words wrong when he reads to himself. So I am totally curious what story he is actually reading...And Math, they started to multiply and it totally confused him he says why cant we just add and subtract, well sometimes you need to multiply. I didn't want to scare him too much and tell him it only gets harder, so we just practice and practice. He is really looking forward for 3rd grade in a few weeks. Ashlyn is happy he will be home to torment, yeah for me!! We will be able to go to the park and the pool more, which she totally loves.

1 comment:

Emily Snow said...

About Ian and Math--I remember feeling that exact same way when we started up with multiplication...like why fix it when it wasn't broken...add & subtracting was enough in my opinion!