Monday, August 18, 2008

Ride a Bike

Today is the day we decided it is about time to show Ashlyn how to ride a bike. She got a bike for Christmas, it has training wheels and pompoms on the handle bars. She calls it her cheerleader bike. She has got on it a few times, but to actually ride around she prefers her tricycle. So we loaded the bikes in the back of the truck and took them to the park. At first she had a hard time not hitting the breaks. I would get her going and she would stop. I had a hard time running behind her for that reason. I almost fell a couple times when she stopped. I took her around the park about 3 times before she thought we were having fun and I wasn't trying to scare her. After that she was doing really well, still with her training wheels on of course. I then handed the job over to Ted. He is a lot better at this than I am. He taught Ian to ride a bike in a few hours, and also our friends kid too. I myself have no patience or stamina to run behind a child for hours, and somehow Ted can. So Ted takes Ash around the park a few times and has decided he gives himself a month to teach her to ride a bike without training wheels. I guess we will see! We go on bike rides all the time and Ash has the baby seat behind my bike. It would be fun if we could all ride together. I wouldn't have foot prints on the back of my shirt:)

No comments: