Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving




This Thanksgiving we went out to Teds Parents house. We are lucky they don't live that far from us. It takes us a little over an hour to get there. Where they live they have a lot of land, so Ian loves to ride his quad. He can go anywhere and ride for hours. We spent the night out there and Ian woke up with Grand pap at 5am! I have a hard time waking him up for school at 8am and he woke up on his own, totally excited to ride his quad. Ted didn't get up till 6:30 so he was just chilling on the couch waiting, waiting and waiting. It had been raining the night before so it was a little muddy in areas, Ian thought this was even more fun!

When I finally got ready to take my morning run, I was trying to keep up with Ian:) Every puddle he had to ride Thru it again and again. His pants and quad were covered in mud. He was having the best time! UNTIL We were going around a corner and Ian saw this big puddle and decided to go thru it and got stuck! Back tires were spinning him deeper and deeper in this hole, yeiks! The only time I left my cell at home was the time I needed it, go fig. I didn't want to get my running shoes muddy, but I jumped on it and tried to rock it out, ended up stalling it and didn't know how to start it again. I sent Ian running to Grand paps to grab help as I stood there looking like the dummy that got it stuck. An elderly couple stopped to see if i needed help. I could hear the lady in the car " why on earth would you ride thru the mud in that thing!" I was totally embarrassed, my shoes covered in mud! What a mess!! Finally Ted showed up and pulled it out and Ian drove off ready for some more. He rode the rest of the day. I had to scrape the mud off his shoes before I could wash them off. He said this was the BEST Thanksgiving EVER!!

1 comment:

Linnie said...

I can totally see the grin on Ian's face. Ear to ear!