Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Dam and Bugs









They started a bypass route for the dam in 2003 and sould be finished by the end of this year. It has been a long time since we have been there and I was totally surprised to see the new bridge! It is soooooo HIGH up in the air!! I am not sure when it is finished if I will be able to drive on it without wanting to close my eyes. Yeiks!

My kids are bug curious. They are totally terrified if they get too close but really like looking at them and of course they want me to take a ton of pictures. When we were in Arizona yesterday we saw a huge stink bug. Kinda freaked me out:) And we saw BIG red ants. We have big ants here but they are black. Ashlyn is totally freaked out by bugs and she just screams and points then I have to figure out what she is looking at.

We stopped at a gas station that had souvenirs for Arizona. the kids stood in front of this shelf that had scorpion paper weights for quite awhile. Ted had enough time to fill up the truck and come into the store to get us. Then they had to show him everything....Snakes, Scorpions, Cactus. It was like they were star struck. They had boxes that had small cactus in them and Ash made the mistake of touching the plant. She was trying to keep it a secret and only tell Ian but she had a little blood, that's when she freaked out! That Plant Bit Me!! She was convinced it was alive!

No comments: